Monday 14 November 2011

My Saline Sonohysterogram Experience

I have read a lot of bad experiences about this procedure. I was really scared of having one. I have never had any procedure where they had to stick any kind of probe up me so I didn't know what to expect. At first the doctor gave me a pap smear which was fine. It felt a bit weird when he was scraping my cervix, but that was it. Then the ultrasound tech did a vaginal ultrasound and that was nothing. It was the easiest part.


Then they did the saline sonohystergram. I felt a bit of weird pressure cramp in my uterus when the saline was injected, but it only lasted for 2 seconds. It was funny because when the doctor said that he was done I asked him if it was time to do the saline sonohysterogram, and he said, "I did it already." LOL. When I felt the weird pressure cramp I wasn't sure what was happening. I thought it was a part of the ultrasound. The worst part of this procedure was the anticipation. The procedure itself was fine and WAY easier than I expected it to be.


The best part of the test is that everything was normal. I'm very happy that nothing was found.

2 comments:

  1. My saline sono was easy breezy. The most awkward part for me was when the saline came gushing back out. lol. Glad it all went well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad yours was easy breezy too! It's weird, but I didn't have any saline gush out of me. I wonder where it all went lol.

    ReplyDelete