Wednesday 23 November 2011

Cycle Day 17 Ultrasound...Now I'm confused!

I went in for my cycle day 17 ultrasound and was sad when I saw the big white sign saying someone named dr. Jizz was the doctor of the day, (every time I say his name I laugh). Anyways, I went in to get my ultrasound done and I couldn't believe how rough the lady was. She rammed the probe up my miffy so bad that it hurt. She at first asked me if it was okay to use water instead of lubricant, but since I'm not trying this month I told her to use the lube. Thank god I did, or it probably would have hurt a hell of a lot worse. The next time I see her I will ask her to be more gentle. My husband says that she probably likes her sex rough LOL.


I went into the exam room to wait for Dr. Jizz. I was convinced that I hadn't ovulated yet because my temperature was still low. Dr. Jizz told me that my ultrasound confirmed ovulation. He said it happened on cycle day 16, and I'm wondering if there is a way they can tell when the exact day of ovulation occurred, or if that was a guess. When I went in for my cycle day 14 ultrasound I had a 20mm follicle, so I don't know if it's possible I could have ovulated on cycle day 14 or cycle day 15.


Why hasn't my temperature rised yet? It's cycle day 18 and it is still in my usual pre O temp range. Could my temperatures have been lying the whole time? Some people on forums are saying that it doesn't look like I have ovulated yet, so now I'm extra confused. Could the doctor be wrong? If I was trying this month I would be going insane. Hopefully, it rises tomorrow. Dr. Jizz was like, taking your temperature without plotting it on a graph won't work. I had to tell him that I have been religiously taking my temps for 5 months now and have been putting them on fertility friend. He then reassured me that fertility friend was wrong and ultrasounds don't lie. He told me that charting was used years ago when there was no other way to pinpoint ovulation and that it doesn't work for some people. I have been getting temperature shifts every month so I'm not sure why this month is so different. I'm wondering if maybe my temperature just takes longer to rise than normal.


I have booked my followup appointment with my doctor for Tuesday, November 29. I am super excited. I have a list of questions for him which hopefully he'll be able to answer. My biggest question is why my temperature hasn't rised after ovulation like it should have. I have all of my charts printed out and they are on the fridge so I dont' forget them. Maybe he'll be able to explain it. I'm worried that he will say there is nothing wrong with me and won't help me. He did say when my follicle wasn't growing that I would need fertility drugs and he did say when my follicle was 20mm that if I was trying he would give me an injection of some sort, so maybe he will give me something to make me extra fertile. I still haven't gone in for my cycle day 21 (7dpo) progesterone test. That's the one test that I have wanted to have for the longest time.

3 comments:

  1. OK not a doctor in any fashion, but since we've been TTC for 3+ (3 lost pregnancies) I can offer this:

    If your temp doesn't rise, or slowly rises, there might be a progesterone problem. Easily fixed with supplements.

    As for the injection he said he'd typically give at 20mm follicle size, that would be the HCG trigger you see women post about on FF. It's a blast of HCG and basically forces their body to ovulate within 12-36 hours after that shot. The downside to it, is you then have to use an IC and test out your trigger shot, because you'll get BFP tests while it's in your system. So it can be confusing when you are testing if you are one who tests early. The upside is that you know you O'd.

    It's weird that your doctor seemed to blow of temping and charting... Most doctors, will at least discuss your charts, but a lot will tell you not to bother temping, because if they have to medicate you (with clomid or progesterone) it will alter your temps.

    Good luck with the next appointment

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just stumbled upon your blog via FF. Just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving, and hopefully you'll get your BFP soon! =)

    http://mrssneakers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Courtney, Happy Thanksgiving to you!

    I hope you get your bfp real soon too!

    Almost there, thanks for your response. You have helped me a lot. I now understand this injection he was talking about. I'm not an early tester so that shouldn't be a problem. I just hope that if I do get this injection that I don't get a fake BFP lol. That would suck.

    The doctor I saw yesterday wasn't my doctor. The fertility clinics doctors rotate every day when they do cycle monitoring, so sometimes I will see my doctor and other times I won't My regular doctor likes charts and he said that he wanted to see all of mine so when I go in on Tuesday I will show them to him.

    ReplyDelete