Thursday 30 May 2013

IVF with ICSI Short Protocol.

Yesterday it was confirmed that we will be moving on to IVF next cycle.  I went to the fertility clinic yesterday for my routine blood test and ultrasound. I also had a sonohysterogram and saw my RE. My SHG came back normal which was a relief. After the sono was over I saw my RE to discuss a protocol.  We decided on the short protocol. On CD1 I have to call the clinic to make an appointment for a baseline ultrasound, and if everything is good then  they will stock me up with all kinds of fun drugs.
Here's what I will be taking:
  • Puregon (250 iu)
  • Menopur (150 iu)
  • Cetrotide (once a lead follicle reaches 14mm)
  • HCG (36 hours before retrieval)
  • Progesterone suppositories (600mg/day after ovulation for hopefully 12 weeks ;) 
Because of DH's semen analysis and post wash history, our RE recommended ICSI (Intra cytoplasmic sperm injection). Instead of putting my eggs and DH's sperm in a petri dish to see if they fertilize on their own, they are going to inject the sperm into my eggs. My doctor said that he thinks I will get about 6 embryos which would make me very happy!

With my history, I keep thinking that I won't respond to medications and the cycle will be cancelled, however I'm confident that won't happen because I will be taking a whole new set of drugs that I have never had before. I'm on cycle day 11 right now and can't wait to get this started, although I would rather see 2 pink lines this cycle instead.


2 comments:

  1. I hope that you will see 2 pink lines this cycle, too. But if you don't, you have a plan! And it sounds like a very good one! FX that you will have a spectacular announcement to make very very soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I am very happy that we are moving forward, but nervous about the outcome. I dont' know how I will react to a BFN.

      Delete