Saturday 6 October 2012

I'm surging so there won't be an HCG trigger this month

The fertility clinic called to tell me that my blood work from this morning is LH surging. I have 3 good follicles this month and now I'm worried that only 1 will ovulate. I have read somewhere that HCG releases all mature follicles, but when you ovulate naturally only 1 follicle will release an egg. I know it only takes one, but I think my odds of getting pregnant would be better if I ovulated more than one. The internet gives too much conflicting information because I also read that trigger or no trigger once you ovulate you will ovulate all mature follicles. I don't know what to believe. It's something to ask the doctor. We are going in tomorrow morning for an IUI. We have to give them the sample at 730 and then go back at 1030 for the IUI. This morning I had 3 follicles that were 21, 18, and 16mm. My lining was 8.3. 8.3 isn't good, is it? I'm looking forward to find out what DH's post wash sperm count is tomorrow. He quit smoking, so I can't wait to see if his numbers have improved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment