Tuesday 26 March 2013

A B2B IUI With Injections Next Cycle.

I found out yesterday that DH's new insurance plan covers 80% on fertility drugs including injections. That's a huge savings. DH suggested that next cycle we do a back to back IUI with Gonal-F. The IUI's aren't covered and they cost $450 for 2 of them. The last time we got Gonal-F it cost around $1600, but with an 80% discount, it will only be around $320 (this all depends on how much Gonal-F I will need) The HCG costs $85, but now that will be cheaper too. I'm so excited about the new insurance. This also means that if the IUI cycle doesn't work we can have IVF sooner.

Our IVF information session is on April 26. DH said we will have IVF as early as May. I hope that I don't need it. I don't like the sound of a needle going through my ovaries.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for better insurance!!! I hope you won't need the IVF either (or the B2B IUIs for that matter...). But whatever will work will be so worth it! Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome your insurance is going up!!

    I hope the IUIs work, so you won't need IVF. :(

    ReplyDelete