Friday 12 April 2013

IUI cycle 5 part 2.

I had my second IUI today. The doctor of the day was Dr. C. Every time this guy does something to me it hurts and today wasn't any different. My IUI hurt and I had some cramping for about an hour after.

 DH's sperm count was worse than yesterday after the wash it was 1.7 million and 42% motility. Before the wash his count was 61 million/ml and 21% motility and his volume was 1.1. Usually that's all the information they give us, but this cycle they added more numbers to his analysis, numbers that I have never heard of. I'm not sure what they mean and google isn't being very helpful lol. Here's what they were:


Progressive (A+B): 38% 

Track Velocity (VCL): 47 μm/s 
Linear Velocity (VSL): 17.3 μm/s 
Path Velocity (VAP): 23.5 μm/s 
Lateral Head Amplitude (ALH): 2.5 μ m 
Linearity (VSL/VCL): 36.6%
Straightness (VSL/VAP) 73.6% 
Beat Frequency (BCF): 8 Hz 




1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry the doctor wasn't more gentle! Going through procedures aren't fun anyway, but adding pain to that is not cool. I'm not sure what the numbers of his SA mean. I bet the ladies on the Male Factor Infertility board on FF would be able to tell you. Hopefully you two will still catch the egg this cycle! FX!

    ReplyDelete