Wednesday 15 August 2012

My Positive HSG Experience. It felt like a period cramp.

Well, I haven't been posting for a long time, but that's because I have been too depressed. I don't want to do anything.

I was terrified of the HSG test because I had read stories on the internet that freaked me out. A lot of people have had horrible experiences, so I thought for sure I would have one too. Fortunately for me, the test was easy. The worst part was the anticipation. For the actual procedure the worst part was when they put the metal thing in and it feels like they are turning it inside of you. That particular part felt like a pap smear, and I HATE pap smears. They are painless, but so uncomfortable. As soon as the doctor put the dye inside of me I felt severe period cramps that only lasted for 1 second. As soon as the test was over the cramps were gone. Let's put it this way, I have had worse period cramps than that test. The dye part felt exactly like a period coming and ending immediately. I guess the only thing that made it different was the pressure. I don't get that pressure with periods.

The good news, besides the fact that the test was a piece of cake, is that my tubes are open. Radiology is reviewing the results to get a better look and I have an appointment with my RE on August 28 to go over the results with him and to see what he thinks we should do next. I'm assuming IVF, but we will see. I would like to do at least two more IUI's before we head down that route. I hope he's okay with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment